Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Alicia Keys dropped an unreleased track on Monday called “Power.”

The song, power was recorded seven years ago back in 2007.


Alicia Keys celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by dropping a song called "Power". The track arrived via AKVault, the R&B singer's official website that she has been using to share her unreleased songs, photos and more. 
“This is one of my favorite unreleased songs,” the pianist wrote on her website about the tune. “I wrote this song one afternoon in LA when I was feeling deep desolation; desperation even … I’d just lost my grandmother and I felt so guilty about it, so hurt and full of emptiness. I’d run away to LA to clear my head and to not have to be in NY with all my memories.”
On the track, Keys sings:

“Grandma, used to say nothing before its time. Used to say that world would be mine so I should just have faith. She showed me everything in this life is for free. Change is one thing that is guaranteed, so I should just keep pace.”


Do you have a story or an article to publish? Please leave us a message at quest4chris2004@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment